This recipe creates an absolutely beautifully pink raspberry swirl smoothie by creating a deep pink layer using pitaya/dragon fruit. A simple smoothie that you can make as exciting as you want with whatever toppings you’d like to use.
For the smoothie base:
- 1 frozen banana
- Half a pitaya (the pink pitaya to get the dark pink color)
- Half cup frozen raspberries (to get the light pink color)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- Blend all the ingredients except the pitaya in a blender.
- Take a quarter of the mixture and put in your smoothie bowl.
- Add the pink pitaya to the blender and blend the rest to get the darker pink.
- Add to the bowl and top with whatever you like.
I topped with the two Pitaya sisters and some edible flowers
This wonderful pictures and recipe from Samira at alphafoodie.com